Computer programming is an essential part of data science. When working with large data sets, it’s especially important to be able to write effective, efficient code to help you organize and understand the data. In this course, we’ll introduce you to one of the most widely-used programming languages for data science: Python. You’ll gain experience working with real-world data, and leave the course with skills you can apply in other courses in the MS Data Science Program as well as on the job!
Course Objectives: By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the fundamentals of Python: control flow, strings, lists, and tuples.
- Apply debugging techniques to problematic code.
- Use libraries in Python to solve more complicated problems easier than with standard Python.
- Use official documentation for Python and libraries to learn how to use new functions and data types.
- Create impactful visualizations using Matplotlib and Seaborn.
- Create readable functions for efficient task management.
- Gather real-world data that can be analyzed to address a modeling question.
Return to the Courses page.
Call 1-877-895-3276 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our enrollment advisers are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT.