Computer programming is an essential part of data science. When working with large data sets, it’s especially important to be able to write effective, efficient code to help you organize and understand the data. In this course, we will introduce you to two of the most widely-used programming languages for data science: Python and R. You will gain experience working with real-world data and leave the course with skills you can apply in other courses in your Data Science program, as well as on the job.
- Use Python and R to analyze real-world data.
- Use Git for professional version control.
- Use Python data structures to organize both numerical and text-based data.
- Perform exploratory data analysis in R.
- Test statistical hypotheses using R functions.
- Use an application programming interface (API) to collect real-world data from social media.
- Clean and format data for analysis.
- Choose and implement efficient methods for analyzing data sets.
- Follow best practices for documentation and readable code.
Return to the Courses page.
Call 1-877-895-3276 or send an email to email@example.com. Our enrollment advisers are available Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Fridays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT; or by appointment.