Learning and completing your online Master of Science in Data Science coursework requires sufficient technology and Internet access. While the online learning management system is accessible from nearly any device, from desktop to smartphone, a desktop or laptop computer is necessary to open and run applications and access the program’s Virtual Lab. Additionally, the mobile view is not currently not optimized for some advanced interactions like quizzing. Some additional functionality may work from the “Desktop Version”, accessible from the link at the bottom of the main home page, but for the full experience a desktop or laptop computer is recommended.
Online Virtual Lab saves you time and money
As a student in our program, you will use and gain experience with a wide range of software. But you won’t need a brawny computer and you’ll never set foot in a computer lab. Our online, cloud-based Virtual Lab brings the computer lab to you!
- Remotely access a virtual desktop with full access to software tools and programming languages such as R, Python, SQL Server, Tableau, and others.
- Just download a simple client—avoid the cost and hassle of purchasing and installing applications on your own computer
- Fast and easy; supports dual-monitor use
If you have a slow Internet connection, you may want to look for high-speed access from an alternate source, such as satellite or wireless offered by a mobile provider.
Virtual Lab system requirements
You can install Horizon client on PCs and laptops that use a supported Microsoft Windows operating system.
The PC or laptop on which you install Horizon Client, and the peripherals it uses, must meet certain system requirements.
Standard x86 (32-bit) or x86 (64-bit) compatible desktop or laptop computer
At least 1GB of RAM
The following operating systems are supported:
- Windows 10, 32- or 64-bit versions
- Windows 8 or 8.1, 32- or 64-bit versions
- Windows 7, 32- or 64-bit versions
The Mac on which you install Horizon client, and the peripherals it uses, must meet the following system requirements:
64-bit Intel-based model
At least 2GB of RAM
- Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.x)
- Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10x)
- Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- Mac OS Sierra (10.12)
Find out more
Visit our Tech Support Portal for more information about minimum system requirements, supported operating systems, supported browsers, system-check for plug-ins, and computer and Internet security information.
Need technical support? Find it here.