This course provides an introduction to data science and highlights its importance in business decision making. It provides an overview of commonly used data science tools, including Excel, PowerBI, Access 2013, R, and SQL Server, along with spreadsheets, relational databases, statistics and programming assignments to lay the foundation for data science applications.
- Define data science and explain its role in decision making.
- Provide examples of opportunities and challenges related to data science.
- Explain analytical competencies and various tools and techniques.
- Describe various database technologies and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Create and manage simple databases in Access and SQL Server.
- Write and execute SQL statements to retrieve and manage data.
- Explain key statistical concepts that can help build a foundation for advanced courses in the program.
- Analyze data to solve basic analytics problems using Excel and R.
- Explain best practices that can improve the effectiveness of data science projects and mitigate risks associated with such projects.
Want an inside look at this course?
See lectures, assignments, discussions, and more from “Foundations of Data Science.”
Call 1-877-895-3276 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our enrollment advisers are available Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Fridays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT; or by appointment.
Return to the Courses page.