This course provides an introduction to data science and highlights its importance in business decision making. It provides an overview of commonly used data science tools along with spreadsheets, relational databases, statistics, and programming assignments to lay the foundation for data science applications.
Course Objectives: By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Comprehend fundamental concepts in Data Science and Analytics.
- Understand fundamentals of SQL and apply them to Relational Databases.
- Use R Studio for programming, using packages, debugging and knitting .Rmd files.
- Effectively utilize packages from Tidyverse for R.
- Read/Write data of various formats using R.
- Create effective visualizations using ggformula.
- Perform linear and logistic regression, interpret and graph the model.
- Perform exploratory data analysis with dplyr package in R. / Perform data cleaning, management and manipulation with R.
- Use conditional statements, loops and control flow logic in R.
- Interpret p-values.
Want an inside look at this course?
See lectures, assignments, discussions, and more from “Foundations of Data Science.”
Call 1-877-895-3276 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our enrollment advisers are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT.
Return to the Courses page.